Thursday, May 12, 2016

A message of intent

I've stopped posting for a while because I am currently hitting a rough patch.

The people that could support us the most think that the projects we make are a joke and that we should stop wasting our time doing things that will have no impact on the world and that we can never sell. They don't even believe this company is a company because we've haven't sold anything and don't have much revenue, saying that teaching people about technology and fixing phones and computers is nothing especial. They try to put doubts in our mind, with words such as, you will pay more for taxes than it's worth if you open the company without earning at least $20 k of revenue first, you should stop wasting your time fixing things and get a real job, but this already exist so what's the use of you working on it? They think that TBM will never flourish and that it's just a far fetched dream that I thought of and decided to pursue out of a whim. 

But they are wrong.

I am well aware that my projects so far aren't completely new and that perhaps I can never sell or patent any of them yet, but all the knowledge I'm acquiring and all the effort I'm putting into teaching myself how to make products and how to have an idea and make it a reality is going to pay off in the end. In fact it already pays off. And in my opinion teaching and fixing technology is the way to learn how to improve it and innovative it. In fact most new technology is just old technology that has been improved already! The fact that I have done all of our projects and many more by myself, without any previous knowledge on how to program Arduinos, fix drones, or create complicated circuits is proof enough that I can achieve anything I set my mind into and is the revenue that paves the way to actual physical revenue in the future. And I am not alone. TBM is a group of people that have extensive skills and experience in the fields of science, technology, bio-medicine, research, development, marketing, design, publicity, drawing, photography, and much more!

I have my mind set on developing technology and becoming an inventor. And I know TBM is the way to achieve this dream, because once we all take off TBM will be our rocket to keep rising to unknown heights. 

If you're like me and always wondered things like hmm why don't these products have this in them so they're more efficient? Or why didn't the designers design this this way so it's easier to use? Then you are an inventor minded person already. It's up to you to answer those questions and see if you like the answer you are given. If not then you have the opportunity to make it happen. 


The reason we are still in a forming phase is that right now TBM doesn't have any kind of financial help to develop anything. Everything you see here is out of my own time and money, and because of that lack of money I haven't been able to invent the things I actually want to, but I know someday I'll earn the opportunity to be funded, meet the right people that will support us financially and give us the opportunity to create something wonderful and then TBM will become one of the leading technology creation and development companies in the world that will use its innovations so everyone in the world can have a better life, not just the rich. 
Until then never give up on your dreams!

People will always be against you achieving your dreams. Be it because they are jealous, because they realize the potential you have and are scared that you might grow too big from them to reach, or because they feel inferior to you already. Don't matter, you can still succeed and then show them love, so they know you didn't pursue those dreams for yourself, but to help everyone in the world, including those that made your path to reach those goals difficult.

The important thing is that TBM will not let any of those people stop us. Maybe we don't have a clear path yet, maybe we don't know exactly what do develop or invent yet, or how to get funding for it. But the dream of impacting the world through affordable and good hearted technology continues to grow and to live on. And little by little we're striving to reach this dream. 

I see the technology around be and I ask myself, what's the use of a $1000 drone if it's not used for purposes that actually help those who need it the most? Someone else also thought of this and now drones are used in third world countries to deliver medicine to poor people. Or what's the use of a prostheses that a child without an arm can't afford? And the open hardware movement allowed companies to construct prostheses they can sell at low cost or even donate to children or adults all over the world. That's why TBM will not only make technology such as a drone unless it's needed to help the world by delivering medicine or curing a forest of a deadly disease for example, or find ways to create opportunities for children with disadvantages to design, develop and build their own prosthetic.

Our aim is to help others with our technology in such a way that they feel inspired to learn, to create, to help themselves and the world.

This blog is meant to inform you of TBM's wonderful creations and show you our progress. If you don't believe in fairy tales stories such as a first generation middle class Colombian man without anyone in the family to guide him into starting a technology company and becoming an inventor, such as me, then I pray you continue to read our updates, because this fairy tale will become a reality.
From now on I promise to publish as soon as I work on something new. And hopefully more creation and development enthusiast can join me and share their opinions and give advice or encouragement and we can start a community of sharing with and helping fellow developers and creators out there through this blog.


Thank you so much for reading this long entry. Good bless you all.

Andrés Medellín, founder and CEO of TBM.

1 comment:

  1. DONT GIVE UP, YOU INSPIRE PEOPLE

    hey there, how you doin? we met at a birthday in Miami and you inspired me to "peace through technology"

    my main project is the "worldpeaceengine" on facebook.
    I applied on the "reward disobidience" award from MIT in Boston.

    Look it up and contact me, i got something to offer.

    Sincerely

    Bo

    boriskowal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Keep moving forward!
Innovating technology, creating hope.